This year the 8th International workshop on Interactive Environments and Emerging Technologies for eLearning
will be part of the 7th International Conference on Digital Information and Communication Technology and Applications (DICTAP2017),
It is organized in beautiful city Bratislava, Slovakia, June 29 - July 1, 2017.
Our host is Comenius University in Bratislava.
The aim of IEETeL is to connect researchers, educators and technology experts giving them an opportunity to share and discuss new solutions, trends and realizations of eLearning environments and the adoption of emerging technologies in educational settings. These will draw the challenging problems in information gathering, processing and usage; development of web-based and mobile services; building intelligent and social-oriented applications in support of flexible, personalized, adaptable, in-demand learning.
This forum invites research, technical papers, and work in progress investigating eLearning environment process development, information processing/management in local and small settings as well as in global and large scale ones and practices of implementation in education to facilitate university students as well as to prepare them to become self-organized and life-long learners. These include the technological aspect of environment building: “from scratch”, using open source software or mashup applications from a cloud as well as pedagogical strategies and solutions for utilizing such environments.
- Web 2.0 Applications for Learning
- 3D Virtual Environments
- Semantic Web
- Immersive technologies in ADL
- Networks/Grids for learning
- Adaptive and intuitive environments
- Personal Learning Environments
- Mobile learning environments and applications
- Augmented Reality Implementation
- Intelligent and smart applications
- Visual aspects
- Internet of things
- Security and privacy
- Learning Analytics
- Educational Data Mining
- Social-Collaborative Learning
- Peer Learning
- Peer evaluation
- Assessment in education
The authors are encouraged to submit their work electronically as pdf format without author(s) name and by email with author(s) name to the Workshop Chairs: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com .
All registered papers will be published in the proceedings of the conference and will be included in IEEE Xplore, SCOPUS as well as in other abstracting and indexing databases.
Selected papers from IEETeL will be invited to submit an extension to the Special Issue on "Recommending and Adaptive Technologies in e-learning" of the journal Advances in Human-Computer Interaction. (AHCI is an Open Access Journal, indexed in Scopus and WoS; web site: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ahci/).
- Alexander Mikroyannidis, The Open University, UK
- Andrea Sterbini, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
- Carla Limongelli, Roma Tre University, Italy
- Chadli Abdelhafid, Ibn Khaldoun University, Tunisia
- Damiano Distante, Unitelma Sapienza, Rome, Italy
- Elena Railean, Tiraspol State University, Moldova
- Elvira Popescu, University of Craiova, Romania
- Fernando Albuquerque Costa, University of Lisboa, Portugal
- Filippo Sciarrone, Roma Tre University, Italy
- Laurent Moccozet, University of Geneva, Switzerland
- Luigi Laura, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
- Kay Berkling, Duale Hochschule Baden-Württemberg Karlsruhe, Germany
- Maiga Chang, Athabasca University, Canada
- Maya Dimitrova, Bulgarian Academy of Science, Bulgaria
- Pasquina Campanella, University of Bari "Aldo Moro", Italy
- Rachid Anane, Coventry University, UK
- Ricardo Queiros, Politechnic of Porto, Portugal
- Umberto Nanni, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
- Zuzana Kubincova, Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia
Submission deadline: 10 May
Notification of acceptance: 20 May
Camera ready submission: 28 May
Registration: 28 May
Your contribution is very welcome!
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Join us! :)